The HOA Board Meeting January 29, 2013 ~ the following topics were covered:
- The tram car is being evaluated this week or next. More than likely Interstate will be called in again. It is very important to this board to get the tram up and going again; not only for access, but property values.
- Pool Fence will be replaced according to regulations imposed by EI general liability carrier. We have decided to go with a vinyl fencing due to maintenance issues in our area. It will have to be 5ft tall and have two gates with locks. The phone that is required has already been installed in the pool bathroom for 911 emergencies.
- A sign will be purchased for Selkirk entrance to meet 911 guidelines per the State of Texas stating our 911 address to gain access to the Island. We should be able to use the framing on the existing sign. 2 signs will be purchased for the pool per regulations: One for gated area on west side stating no lifeguard on duty. One for north entrance; stating no lifeguard on duty and pool rules.
- Pool furniture will be purchased and ready for Spring.
- We are still looking into moving the barge slip-information is being gathered to help in decision making.
- The by-laws and deed restrictions are being updated and will be submitted to the HOA members for approval. Once approved by Homeowners we will file updates with county. We have to update our By Laws and Restriction to comply with Texas Property Code 209 that was to be implemented by law, September 2011 and January 2012.
- Vernon Weatherford has been given a raise. It is very important that we show him we appreciate him.
- Kenny Warr is gathering pricing and materials that will be needed to redo the pond and the parking area on Selkirk, as well as ring road.
- A lot will be listed that is owned by the HOA with Full Stringer Reality. They are a very reputable relator specializing in our area and the Board feels that it is advantageous to use realtor readily available to show property as well as tapping their knowledge.